Font Awesome Manager 1.2.4 XenForo addon
Download Font Awesome Manager 1.2.4 XenForo Addon, XenForo uses the icon font Font Awesome Pro 5 that contains over 7.000 icons of which XenForo typically uses only a few hundred.
But as all icons are included in the CSS and font files, browsers have to download the full font files and CSS which does cause a significant overhead in most cases.
By subsetting the font to include only those icons that are actually being used, the size of the font files and CSS can often be drastically reduced which does improve page loading time.
Typically, the size of the font files can be reduced by over 80%.
Font Awesome does allow to automate the process of creating subsets as much as possible:
- It can automatically scan the database and PHP files for Font Awesome icon references
- It can monitor database entities (like Phrases, Templates, BB-Codes, etc.) for changes and adjust the subset accordingly
- can exclude certain templates or files from being scanned (which can be useful if those reference icons without actually using them)
- It does offer various strategies to load subsets and CSS
- It does support AMPXF
Transfonter.org cannot be used any longer since about January 2022 as the service is actively blocking requests by XenForo.
If pyftsubset cannot be installed system-wide for whatever reason, it might still be possible to use a precompiled binary.
Some of the changes in XF 2.2.10 include :
- Require values for old/new changelog values
- Properly handle null values within the Arr::stringToArray() function
- Remove extraneous space when generating a one-time password URL
- Support rebuilding daily stats from the command line
- Add additional indexes for the active and expired user upgrade tables
- Remove superfluous code setting aria-label for tooltips
- Add lazy loading attribute to resource icons
- Pass an index hint when performing certain IP lookups
The following public templates have had changes:
- poll _ create
- core _ block .less
- poll _edit
- poll _macros
- tag _macros
- widget _ forum_ statistics
Where necessary, the merge system within the “outdated templates” page should be used to integrate these changes.
Font Awesome Manager Current requirements
Please note that XenForo Upgrade 2.2 has higher system requirements than earlier versions.
The following are minimum requirements:
- PHP 7.0 or newer (PHP 7.4 recommended)
- MySQL 5.5 and newer (Also compatible with MariaDB/Percona etc.)
- All of the official add-ons require XenForo 2.2.
- Enhanced Search requires at least Elasticsearch 2.0.